Translate

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Boobies, Breasts, Knockers



 

 


I want to talk about breast. There are a lot of different names and references to breast, some of which are not very nice. Right off the bat I want to say that I love breast – they are amazing in their function and purpose. I mean look what they can do; they produce food for babies, wow!!  how wonderful is that. Not all moms however can breast feed and there is no shame in that. This post is not in any way shaming women and or breasts and the ultimate topic which is breast feeding.

There has been a lot of talk of late on breasts and going topless and the right to do so. As a matter of fact women in France are starting to cover up at the beach as noted in a recent Huffington post article, noting some reasons such as skin cancer to higher amounts of social media and other beach goers posting unwanted picture on the internet. I say if you don’t want something out there by way of social media, maybe you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place. Just a thought.

So, here is the thing (In my opinion) As I said before breast are amazing, I believe in breast feeding (if you can) I breast fed both my kids till they were about a year and a half. I wouldn’t however whip my boob out in front of others to breast feed my child. Whether my child was urgently hungry or not I would be very mindful of others around me and feed my child with discretion. Imagine for a moment being at a family bbq or at a public park and a little boy had to pee (just as natural as breast feeding, right) but we wouldn’t encourage him to whip out his penis and urinate anywhere he so pleased. We would teach him to excuse himself to a more appropriate place to relieve himself. As with breast feeding we should be aware that maybe others find it uncomfortable and at the very least cover up.

As with women going publicly topless, I just don’t agree with that. Especially on this side of the world where I would think a good percentage of people see breasts as sexual. We have been conditioned to think this way through media and social networks etc. I personally don’t understand why any women would want to walk around topless. I would love to hear some reasons why they would like to!  I think that if you want to go partially nude in public go where you can do so without making others feel uncomfortable like a nude beach for example.

Breast feeding should be done where ever, public or private but in my opinion with some discretion covering up with a breathable fabric like a soft light cotton blanket for example. But going topless in public isn’t the only thing that people do in public that I don’t think they should, would include, blowing your nose, making out, passing gas. Certain things we should excuse ourselves and at the very least be discrete and mindful of others.  Thank you for reading my 1st blog. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Link to a breast feeding cover up cape:
http://discreetdining.com/


Here is the link to the Huffington Post article:

2 comments:

  1. If ppl are leaving me comments pls note that I can't see them. I have asked for assistance but have yet to get a response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly topless swimming/beaches are more familiar to Europeans and I wish I were more comfortable with nudity but I feel a lot of how we feel about nudity and topless beaches has a lot to do with how we were brought up. Perhaps the younger ladies feel more liberated. I am still a bit uptight. Privates are privates!

    ReplyDelete