Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2016

I didn't say "Yes" but I certainly didn't say "No" either - a personal story


A very personal story....

I remember a sexual encounter from a very long time ago and I question it. I question from time to time whether I should have said something at the time, Yes, No, Maybe......But then it happened and my choice was made.

I didn't say "Yes" but I certainly didn't say "No" Either.....Was this his fault? NO, it was NOT!

I don't dwell on this one time event, however I do revisit from time to time (and cringe) wishing that I had made a different choice. But I didn't!

Does this make me a victim?.....Not in my opinion it doesn't. I was old enough to know the situation I was getting myself into and I was there willingly and participated in what was happening knowing full well what COULD transpire.....and it ultimately did.

Now, this is my personal story - we are all different and we might all hold this scenario in a different way, but for me at THAT moment I was at a fork in the road and a decision had to be made - the train was full steam ahead and putting on the breaks just wasn't in the cards, so to speak (for either of us). I was 50 % of the equation and I didn't say anything!

So how was he to know I was even contemplating what was happening?

Do I wish it didn't happen, Yes! But it did and I learned a personal lesson that probably helped me become the person I am today. I have learned to listen to my inner voice and to use it loud and clear Not just in this type of situation, but in many of life's choices.....

I have learned to pause at the fork in the road and decide which route is best for ME!

And I am okay with that!

Thank you for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment