Translate

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I am offended that saying Merry Christmas offends you, here is why







I am offended that saying Merry Christmas offends you, here is why....


You see it is very simple and easy to understand actually; the Holiday that occurs on and around the 25th of December annually is actually called CHRISTMAS! Easy enough to understand right?


It all began over 2000 years ago with the birth of Jesus Christ as is CHRISTmas. Every year on the date of his birth Christians around the word celebrate his birthday and usually joyfully greet one another by saying Merry Christmas.


Now, I appreciate that this is a culturally diverse world we live in duh! Not everyone celebrates CHRISTmas and guess what that is okay!!!


Of late people seem to think that it is politically incorrect to say "Merry Christmas" and opt to change that to Happy Holidays - well that offends ME!!!


Albeit I am not a practicing Christian but it doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge it.


Kwanzaa is Kwanzaa, Hanukah is Hanukah, Diwali is Diwali  - I don't go around and say to others that celebrate those holidays by saying happy holidays to you - NO I am respectful and say to them Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Diwali. CAUSE GUESS WHAT? Those ARE the names of their holidays - I would NEVER ask them to change that - even the White House started calling their Christmas Tree a Holiday Tree. How dumb is that?


I'd NEVER ask Jewish people to change the name of the Menorah to a Holiday candle - how selfish would that be of me, or anyone for that matter????


We have gone radical with respects to being politically correct and this is just taking it way too far.


Christmas is Christmas because that is the actual name of the holidays - no other reason!


Therefore I am offended that saying Merry Christmas offends you.



and when it comes time..... (just to name a few)






and to every other wonderful celebratory holidays out there ENJOY!!!

Please watch this Mad TV YouTube video:








No comments:

Post a Comment